DRESS FOR DANCE GUIDE
PROPER ATTIRE IS MANDATORY
In an effort to reduce the number of lost and found items, and better prepare students for class we ask that all students have
a designated dance bag for all classes. Any sports style nylon zip or drawstring bag will do. Not only should this bag
contain their dance shoes, but several other necessary items that are found to be invaluable to students of all ages as defined below:
Child-Youth Dance Bag
- – All dance shoes that currently fit with their name inside each shoe
- – Class uniform for the day
- – All hair accessories required to keep hair up and off the face and neck – comb and/or a brush, ponytail holders,
barrettes, bobby pins
- – Dance sweater or a similar form fitting sweater.
- – An old pair of socks., long sleeve shirt and a spare pair of leggings
Teen-Adult Dance Bag
- – All dance shoes that currently fit with their name inside each shoe.
- – All hair accessories required to keep hair up and off the face and neck and hair nets.
- – A dance sweater and/or sweater tights.
- – Band-aids, foot tape, small sewing kit with scissors
- – Disposable Ice Pack
- – Personal hygiene products
All items listed above should remain in the dance bag year round. Washable items will need to be cleaned as necessary and
To allow for correction of head, neck, and should alignment, and clarity of focus, hair must be out of
the way. Acceptable styles are those pulled up and away from the face in a clip, chignon (bun), or french braid. Dance is
an expressive as well as physical art, and the face needs to be open and animated.
- UNSUITABLE ATTIRE
We ask that students avoid wearing the following items which tend to obscure the body and hinder vital alignment
- Sweats and baggy* clothes
- Leg warmers* (Older students should consult the instructor if they feel feel leg warmers are needed, as in the case of an
over-worked muscle.) *Dance sweaters and sweater tights may be worn in cold weather, but only at the beginning of
PLEASE ALLOW TIME TO PREPARE FOR CLASS. STREET CLOTHES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE!
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT DRESS PROPERLY,
WILL BE ASKED TO OBSERVE
Due to the high demand for dance wear this time of year, some of our uniforms may take a while to come in.
We are looking into alternatives.Specific class uniform information will be available soon.
In the meantime, All students may attend class in a pink, black or color leotard from last year.
The Cinnamon Tree has a list of all required leg wear and foot wear.